View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 12:42 PM
BillD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
I am up and down on KO. I am not sure if I would deal him, but I would not retain him at all costs. Right now though,I think there are other pieces to consider dealing over KO especially with 3 players set to come back online in the next few weeks. Visnovsky, Bailey and Joensuu will be back, and will put us at 26 players.

So who goes?

I know why Snow did what he did it making the 4 waiver claims he did. And as these things go, it can be a crap-shoot as we are seeing.

Aucoin and Strait have played well in the games they have played, and I think dismissing their success for now is pointless. I think they remain on the roster.

Ullstrom has played his way onto the roster for sure at this point. He is a perfect 3rd liner for the Isles and clearly has a good fit with Aucoin. That makes Colin McDonald a question mark. Is he doing enough to remain?

My suspicion right now is that McDonald and Reasoner represent the guys that will be sent down/waived or in Reasoners case, perhaps traded for what ever. It is distinctly possible that of any of the Isles, Josh Bailey is moved. He is in a contract year, his numbers have not reflected what the organization would like, and he has some value. It is possible Cizikas gets moved, but I think they want to see more of him before making a choice like that.

Defensively, as I said, I think Strait has played himself onto the roster. Finley for all that size looks soft. Carkner is doing what Carkner does so no issue with him or the other 3.

My guess is that Finley will go back on waivers. McDonald I think is a 2-way contract, and so they will be able to move him back to BP (correct me if I am wrong) which still leaves 1 player too many.

Martinek thru waivers?
Reasoner thru waivers?

Not sure, but those two seem to be possibly the odd men out.

I don't think they want to waive Hickey not yet. I think they want to see if he can fit in. Not sure why we have not seen him over Finley at this point. Perhaps tonight?
I think you have laid it out about right. Colin McDonald will have to be exposed to waivers and could very likely be claimed for another teams AHL franchise. Resoner SHOULD be the odd man out, he is useless. Cizikas can be sent back to Bport without clearing waivers so he can have the time to develop more. Martinek is interesting in that he hasn't played yet, but the depth he represents is needed in the shorted season.
Reasoner and Finley waived, Cizikas back to the Port.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote