View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Dorado*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
dont get this whole kreider in the AHL thing to learn...he was down there for 30 games and didnt learn anything, they are a terrible team and there is no talent around him. He cant do a thing playing with scrubs
Whether or not CK foot problems were hampering his performance in his 3 appearances is debatable . I'm not sure if the club has specified of will specify when the injury happened . But honestly , can you honestly say in those 3 games CK at any point looked like any kind of offensive threat ? I wish he did I love this kids frame , speed , his quick release of his shot . What I'm not sold on his his stick handling , play away from the puck , confidence with the puck and situational awareness . If this was going on game 6 of a full season the pressure for him to perform would be much less . He is under a giant microscope in this shortened season and the NYR team and management and coaching does not have the luxury of putting a not NHL READY player on the ice . As for him playing with scrubs , the CT WHALE , system and management's intention is to play a similar style to the parent club so it can teach Torts system to all of its prospects . I think one of CK problems so far as been his ability to grasp playing the style of hockey away from the puck at the pro level . Every shift this short season I looks like he has one eye on the puck and one looking back at the bench waiting to see if be did something wrong . The game is not intuitive to him right now .
During PO last year they said keep it simple skate hard and fast and shoot . He looked good . Now he looks lost and searching for the game . It's going to take time , and this season there is none to spare .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote