View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 01:01 PM
devilishleafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs0381 View Post
Lol at all those who want to just give away Phaneuf or Kessel. Both of those players would net huge returns in a trade. A 1st, top prospect, and more.

I don't think we need to worry so much about trading for a centre. This team never has a problem scoring goals, so in terms of trades to improve our team, goalie should be the only position to focus on. Bozak-Grabovski-Kadri down the middle is mediocre for now and I would look to draft a guy to come in down the road. No reason to rush and overpay for an older centre.

The only thing I would try to do before this year's trade deadline is try to get as many 1sts as possible. If we're offered a 1st for any of MacArthur, Franson, Liles, Bozak, Kulemin, Gunnarsson, or even JVR, I'd pull the trigger. Hopefully we wind up with 4 or more 1st round picks for this year. Worry about actual rebuilding moves in the summer.
Ya scoring isnt a huge problem, but shutting down Kessel is when there is no help. Getting a big centre who can cause problems for the opposing defenses creates space for Kessel. Look at Grabovski he has two bige wingers who go to the net and have puck handling skills. That allows Grabo to skate and create, Bozak isnt a big threat and should be on the 3rd line. Thats why we need a centre.