View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 02:03 PM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Haha, not a chance, nope, none. Kane is our best forward right now and has actually been well behaved this season and seems to be fitting in with the group quite nicely this year. No way would the Jets trade their best forward and best D prospect in exchange for a holdout and other ancillary bits.

You should have tried to move for Kane prior to his signing for six years here. We have him now and its doubtful they plan to let him go over the near term basis his current efforts. Also doubtful they'd plan to move Trouba just after drafting him. The Jets are a team that is building around a young core via the draft. Kane is part of the young core and Trouba is a recent draftee.

No deal to be made here and it should be noted that the local reporter only speculated that the Jets have the assets required to get a deal done, NOT that they are in discussions as was claimed in error earlier in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post

Kane and Subban are close in terms of value. Do you really think the Jets would trade a bluechip prospect for a pricey 4th line forward and a 2nd?
Exactly what I was thinking. But i saw this offer pretty often on this thread that I almost though Jets fans were ok with it.

Subban = Kane
Moen+2nd < Trouba

Last edited by spiny norman: 01-27-2013 at 04:12 PM. Reason: qdp