View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 01:05 PM
chet1926

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I'm really intrigued to see what Manuel translates to in the NFL game. He needs some coaching but he's got incredible desire and passion for the game. Just makes too many boneheaded throws at times.

I really don't want to take a RB in the draft and ship out McGahee. McGahee is the fall back "safe" option in that backfield. If Moreno stumbles or gets injured, there would be no one to turn to. I see that Broncos backfield as McGahee/Moreno 1A/1B and Hillman as the third option and the third down running back. It's pretty clear they couldn't trust Hillman as much as they thought they could in his first year. I see him making big improvements next year, but I'd keep McGahee until I see it actually happen.
I would not touch Manuel with a 10 ft pole as a QB. I watched a lot of ACC football because Clemson is my team, and EJ Manuel isn't a pro QB.

The only NFL quality QBs in the ACC were Tajh Boyd and Mike Glennon. Manuel is a borderline 5th or 6th rd pick at best, if he is taken earlier its a reach. If Manuel were to not get drafted, I'd consider him as a free agent as he might be better than Hanie but I wouldn't spend a pick on him.

If the Broncos are looking at bringing another QB in there are much better choices in the middle rounds. Like a Landry Jones or Tyler Bray. Honestly I wouldn't look at QBs in this draft if I were Denver, its a very weak QB class.