View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 02:07 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I'm curious as to who is suggesting blowing our entire cap surplus on one player? All the majority of us are saying is to either:

A) Give Subban a 2 year deal at his worth, then give him the big bucks in 2 years or
B) Give him a long term deal now which will end up saving a large amount of money in 2-3 years

Option B allows cap space for complimentary players to be signed. But MB appears stuck on low balling him to the point where he won't want to play in MTL anymore. Not sure what is so hard to see about this. Players have pride, and Subban has been working his entire life for this moment and then a rookie GM comes in and treats him like a second class citizen in front of the world.

He should be upset and hurt, I would be. But you know Subban will come out and say the right things about how it's just a business and he's happy to be playing and all that jazz, but I can't see how this isn't upsetting for him. I just can't.
Sorry, but being a last place team last year requires more than bringing in complementary players.

This team needs impact players. We have more complementary players than we need.