Thread: Proposal: Wild-Pens
View Single Post
01-27-2013, 01:26 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Despres was our best blueliner in the play-offs last year. His potential is unlimited. I'd rather have a potential second d-pairing D-man with size, good skating and a solid shot than a 26-year old player that once netted 30 goals and now all the sudden struggles to get in the high teens and 40 points.

With your philosophy, would you trade Jason Zucker for Ben Lovejoy? After all, Lovejoy has way more NHL experience than Zucker.

I don't buy automatically the NHL players value is higher than a prospect. This is an instance that says otherwise.

By the way, I'm not opposed to trading prospects away if you can package them with a pick to get a quality talent; a difference maker and long term answer in return. Seto isn't any of those.
First: Zucker for Lovejoy is not the debate, and you are doing nothing but creating a straw man argument by using that as an example.

Second: Just because you do not value Seto because of the few stats you have seen, does not mean his value is not there. I have been disappointed with Seto these last two years for various reasons, but this does not mean he does not have decent value. He needs to be in certain situations to excell, and he has not been in those situations for the last couple years. He still has good skill and value.

He was also hit by a car last year while he was at his chiropractor. Thats right, a CAR. Some crazy person drove their bloody car into the office he was in and hit him.

Please do not undervalue Seto because you do not know much about him.

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote