Thread: Proposal: Wild-Pens
View Single Post
01-27-2013, 01:32 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
No, but trading a potential high end blueliner for Despres for a guy that can only muster 40 points isn't a good value return.

The people who think this is good think this is the same seto from SJ. He isn't. Not close either. If you trade Despres, its for a difference maker. Seto isn't.
What difference maker is Despres going to net you?

For all your bashing and shooting down other people's ideas, I've yet to see you suggest a better and still feasible option?

What is Setoguchi worth in your opinion? While I agree Despres shouldn't be traded, your posts are indicative of someone who thinks they can pull the wool over someone's eyes and make out like a bandit.

Iginla or bust? Ok, I'd love to hear you propose a deal that makes sense for both sides? Because according to you Glencross is worth a 2nd round pick and Lee Stempniak is a 14 goal scorer.

Don't forget the cap goes down next year, so any long term solution needs to be affordable; Malkin, Orpik, Kunitz, Sutter etc will need renewals after next year and Letang, Niskanen and potentially Despres will be in for pretty decent raises..

The Pens simply can't afford another 5+ million dollar winger in my opinion.. Another James Neal is unrealistic.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote