01-27-2013, 01:37 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Let's go brooons

couple of mildly interesting stats so far

the third line is a combined minus 8 and has certainly been our overall weakest line thus far

Tyler Seguin, despite fighting it a bit and only putting up one assist so far, still leads the team in +/- with +4. Patrice Bergeron by comparison has 2 points (1 g 1 a) and is only +2

I hope they start Khudobin, he needs to be fresh and I always thought Carolina wasn't a great team for Tuukka...that said, we might see them in the playoffs so either way Tuukka would have to play them

despite the above stat thoughts, the B's still have taken 7 out of 8 possible, and have looked down right sloppy at times.

If the passes start clicking more consistently and Seguin heats up...look out. Something tells me this team will heat up at the correct time.
The third line has been absolute rubbish. I don't know what Rich Peverley is doing out there. He is chasing all the time, it's like he forgot how to go where the puck is going to be. He played during the lockout, I thought he would be good. Chris Kelly has been good on he PK (so has Pevvy) but we need more. They also have Chris Bourque who, in my opinion, is not an NHL player. Chiarelli should have signed Mike Knuble to add some "weight" to the line.

Seguin is getting his chances. He was clearly getting frustrated against the Isles. This is where the coaching staff has to do a good job. Keep him working hard (which he has been for the most part) and focused. Eventually, they will start going in for him and the floodgates will open.

I start Tuukka tomorrow, Khudobin Tuesday and Tuukka Wednesday.

Don't get caught up in the 'Canes being the 'Canes. Play our game, beat them up when/if we get a comfortable lead.