View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 02:45 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
Garth Snow's time on Long Island needs to come to an end. Another of the many gaffs of Wangbucks was hiring an inexperienced GM who has some how made it to year 6 of this rebuild. Snow has repeatedly botched draft picks and failed many times to deal impending free agents at the deadline. Despite consistently having high draft positions since 2008, Snow has drafted only 1 regular NHLer in the last 3 years. Bailey and DeHaan, both picks Snow traded up or down, to draft, have not worked out. He passed on Cam Fowler, Mikael Granlund, Sean Couturier and Jacob Trouba among many others to reach for picks, and he has done a horrendous job developing young players. Time for a change
Garth has done a great job as GM and i hope he is still in charge when this team is a contender in the very near future. We have some great prospects in the system and once we get to Brooklyn we will be flushed with cash. Free agents will think of signing on but even if they dont the NYI wil resign their own guys that other teams will want. As another poster said, Garth has made mistakes but drafting isnt one of those mistakes.
What has Cam Fowler done in the NHL?
In fact if I was a Ranger fan i would be upset that we passed on him not as a NYI fan.
Ryan Strome looks great and he will help this team for a long time.
Nino is averaging a point a game in the AHL.
The ISLanders have many Defenseman as prospects in the system that other teams passed on in the draft.
Garth must suck cuz he didnt draft King Henrik in like the 7th round which means all these other great GMs missed that boat as well.
Yeah and how about Jaime Benn or Martin St Louis?
Dan Girardi anyone.
The names go on and on. No one drafted Cory Conacher either?
Garth must be a failure than.
In fact Brett Connolly was taken in front of nino and he has yet to step on the ice.
Lets not forget the great Eric Gudbranson and Luke schenn picks.Brock Nelson looks solid and not every player regardless of draft spot will be a star.
How about all thoses geniuses who passed on james Neal and jordan Eberle?

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is online now   Reply With Quote