Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVII
View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
I'd like ROR, but he and MAJO were drafted the same year with MAJO taken a few slots higher. The production numbers for both of them are comparable and MAJO has played about 90 fewer NHL games. I think MAJO like Flash, would flourish in Col., but I don't see where you would need more than MAJO for ROR. The best the Caps should offer for ROR would be MAJO and JFS, no draft choices and certainly no prospects (not like we're loaded with them).
Then the Avs pass comfortably.

O'Reilly is significantly more valuable than Mojo because there's more to the game than points and draft slot. There's a reason the Kings went all in for Mike Richards rather than spending a 2nd rounder on Olli Jokinen to put up "comparable numbers" for them.

What do we have to gain by not overpaying (and thus not getting the player), exactly? The hope that our core of conflicting play styles one day goes all the way because there's so much "value" on the roster? **** that. 9 forward spots, 6 defenseman spots, 1 goalie spot. Fill them with the best players you can that all play a complementary playoff style. Who cares about "value" beyond that.

It's literally never been easier to assemble a perennial contender than it is with this year's draft, shortened season dynamics and UFA class dynamics. And McPhee is gonna blow it and hoard all our nuts and Leonsis is gonna give him a pat on the back.

Last edited by Halpysback: 01-27-2013 at 02:55 PM.