Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVII
View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Halpysback*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Let's remember, we don't know if there's been discussions between the two teams and if so what they might entail.

Whereas, there's been plenty of discussions on the HF Boards and what the Avs fans want is Alzner. Every fan base over values their teams players and under values the other teams. From the little I know about ROR is that he had a heck of a season last year so if Colorado or its fans really believe that he's worth all of these assets from another team, than why isn't he worth the salary he's seeking.
I was going off of the young prospect forward + 2nd rumors. Alzner is obviously a nonstarter, yeah. In fact Alzner getting a 6 million revenge offersheet is the only reason I'm against offersheeting O'Reilly.

That said, I'd be willing to overpay substantially if overpayment constitutes. Johansson, Schilling, 2 2nds. Or Johansson, 1st '14 (I think we tank this year).

O'Reilly alone is far from a solution though. We'd need to bring in like 6 more gritty playoff forwards to get the Kings' aura stack. But O'Reilly with Forsberg and someone like Kulemin, Winnik (they had mad chemistry in colorado) or Clutterbuck on the 3rd line is a great start to building an unstoppable playoff machine. Ideally I'd try to get all of those guys for the bottom lines.

Kulemin - O'Reilly - Forsberg
Winnik - McClemment - Clutterbuck

Wonder if we hired Burke if he could pull something like that. Playoffs would be a treat to watch. Him and Perry also have a thing together, and he could probably get great value for Green /drool.