View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 02:19 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
We've really have no choice but to play him on the PK. That's what happens when you have Kurtis Foster and Bruno Gervais in your line up lol. But Up until the last 2 games our PK unit as a whole has been pretty bad.

Someone posted in tonight's game thread his ice times for all the games so far and his time has been increasing every game. He played 19 minutes tonight and was probably our best defensmen. I think his increase in ice time has shown the coaches are really liking what they see from him so far and trusting him enough to put him out there 20 mintues a game.

I think his downfall in Toronto was due to bad coaching and management (no offense). I think they tried to make him be another Phaneuf and made him bulk up in weight. I think that killed his speed. He's now playing at a lighter weight than he did in Toronto so it's helped his skating/speed out. Our coaching staff and Chris Pronger has been teaching him how to simplify his game and play safer. He's not putting himself out of position by going for a big hit. He's learned that you can still hit guys while being in a good defensive position. He's playing with a good veteran in Timonen so that probably helps too.

I'm really liking this trade so far and Luke is becoming one of my favorite players on the team.
Good to hear he's getting more ice-time. Schenn's the kind of guy where when you give him more playing time and more responsibility he completely runs with it. When he was playing 22-25 minutes a game he was at his absolute best. I miss him, he was one of the few players who I was truly sad to see go over the last few years, great guy who was always a class act and stood up for his teammates as a kid when nobody else would because our team was butter soft. He took so many beatings from Chris Neil...

If he returns to his 3rd season form, you guys got something real good on your hands. And at this point I trust Philly's development of young players a lot more.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote