View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMputt View Post
LOL the Flyers did not go through a rebuild. They had a bad year and redid the whole team in a year, then the next year and then again. The Pens had 5 straight years in the top five of picks(as the Islanders have, except they got Mallin and Crosby(lucky?) not Tavares and Bailey), LA 'completed' their rebuild when they had let all the prospects mature and then traded for Richards and Carter. Last I check Carolina won the cup in 05-06 but I was unaware of a rebuild through the draft for them?
A rebuild is not 1 or 2 years. It usually is 5-6 painful years. I boiling/breaking point again is next season.
A rebuild doesn't have to take 2/3rds of a decade to complete.. You can completely rebuild a team with a couple of high draft picks, smart drafting with the high picks and in the later rounds and surrounding your developing players with high end talent And quality veterans to accelerate towards being a contender.. Which is where I think Carolina is and goaltending issues aside I think Philly is as well.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote