View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 03:12 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Grabo is the highest paid fwd, who does RC play then in his place?

Point right in front of you, as Staal was right in beside Grabo when he scored.

He's not worth the 5.5M he is being paid as a first liner when you compare his salary around the league, thus for now he is the best we have. BUT, and this is a big BUT...

When and if we can find better, Grabo should be out of here, so this team can move fwd. Not the why trade him because he is our best present C you so often confuse it as.

So to recap so there is no misunderstanding between me and you, we hold on to him because we have no one better, but if an offer comes where we can improve on our best Center for 5.5M per, we move him. So this team can get better and move forward.

Heaven knows we have seen enough losing with this core by now.
I just don't see a reason to move a guy like Grabo, at this point. He's far from this team's problem, and has quite a few solid years in him. He may not be a guy who carries his line, but then again, why should he have to be. Who's to say he doesn't put up 70 pts with a move to the wing, and a playmaker like Kadri in the middle, who we all know can create offense for his teammates easily?

He may not be our answer as a #2 center, and I never have thought he was (long term). I believe, however, he could easily be a great winger to have on a second line, putting up 60+ points without a problem, with the right center in the middle.

I think Bozak (who has no business on the 1st line, and has been poor), and MacArthur should be first to be shuffled. Get Bozak down to the 3rd line ASAP, where he belongs, and move Mac out for pics at the deadline.

We're probably going to pick fairly high anyway, if we can add another 1st over the course of the year, we're just fine.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote