View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 03:22 PM
avsfan89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
That's not "overrating" him. We all know he was never going to be a #1 defenseman. He was always going to be just a little suspect in his own end. Yeah, he's flourishing as a result of a great defensive system and being surrounded by talent--he's being used exactly in the way a player like him should be. It's not overrating when some of us say both he and Liles play better in the defensive end than most defenders their size.

My only problem, at present, is that the Avs traded away both him and Liles (and also got rid of Quincey) and filled the D ranks with big, slow guys. I get it, we're developing puckmoving defensemen now, but I can't help but think the transition from a smaller, speedier, more easily pushed around D to one that was bigger and tougher could have been a bit smoother. Right now we're relying on EJ and Hunwick to provide all the offense...and frankly that's absurd.

I think most of us can at least agree that the trade was a good one, but it was a big price to pay nonetheless.
You got to give up quality to get quality, this isn't nhl 13 where you can load up a value meter to match the player you want to get.