View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
PDO Stat Questions

Hi guys, I was wondering if I could get some help with this interesting stat. I get the premise behind it, that it shows how "lucky" or "unlucky" a team is, or a player for that matter as either regress generally to around 100%.

I am interested in knowing what I can take away from that stat with players for instance and trying to predict perhaps better or worse performance in the future.

One thing that I found interesting was Nicklas Backstrom for Washington, had 44 points in 42 games in 2011-2012 season, so over a ppg. Yet his PDO was quite low at 986. What should I be taking away from that? Despite him being productive on the ice, he is "unlucky?"

Is it also possible to track a player's PDO from season to season and take away anything from it? Say if a player is 103% in 2010-11, and 11-12 it was 101%, can it be assumed that it will continue to in all likelihood regress?

Thank you guys for helping me understand this stat better. If anybody could provide insight as to how I should use this stat, thanks!

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote