View Single Post
01-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Grabo makes more then any of those players.

Bozie makes very little. If he wants a significant raise, adios but he won`t get much in return. Maybe a 2nd.

CMac should be traded but also won`t net much in return.

Connolly is already pretyy much out of the equation.

Nobody wants Komisarek at that cap hit and is still a potential buy out candidate.

Grabo will have a far higher value at the deadline then in the off-season. My bet is in the off-season there will be very little interest in him. If we keep Grabo we return with the exact same core next year. Why not be proactive and trade a player at a high value point instead of waiting for that asset to decline. If we`re out of it by the deadline why should we care if an AHLer plays on the 2nd or 3rd or 4th line center slot.

We also don`t have as much cap space as people like to think next year.<

This team has a core of Kessel, Lupul, JVR and Kadri at forward. On D we`ve got Phaneuf, Rielly and Gardiner.
Last year at the deadline Cmac was wanted for a first rounder, if it doesn't happen here this year, we can easily flip him for a prospect. Okay we Agree Tim is out of the equation and Bozie will be able to get us atleast a second rounder. If he continues to play this well we can give him around 2-3 mill deal. Komi is a potential buyout candidate I agree, but non trade-able? Let's see we said this about Lambo, Lebad, and Beuchemin as well.

We have around 8 mil capspace this year, we will have around 17 next year. We aren't looking to sign Wayne Gretzky, and this isn't a front loaded cap world anymore, the current CBA rectified the past. I still don't understand why this is so difficult to comprehend.

Also I've been a big fan of Kadri but he has only played 5 games, that doesn't mean he is a core player, not yet until he shows he is able to do it consistently. The only core players we have and can rely on in this young team is Kessel, Phaneuf, Grabo and Lupul based on their performances alone. If you were to base it on potential then yes JVR, Kadri, Gardiner, Reimer and Rielly counts however that is not the case.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote