View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Erdinger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Last year at the deadline Cmac was wanted for a first rounder, if it doesn't happen here this year, we can easily flip him for a prospect. Okay we Agree Tim is out of the equation and Bozie will be able to get us atleast a second rounder. If he continues to play this well we can give him around 2-3 mill deal. Komi is a potential buyout candidate I agree, but non trade-able? Let's see we said this about Lambo, Lebad, and Beuchemin as well.

We have around 8 mil capspace this year, we will have around 17 next year. We aren't looking to sign Wayne Gretzky, and this isn't a front loaded cap world anymore, the current CBA rectified the past. I still don't understand why this is so difficult to comprehend.

Also I've been a big fan of Kadri but he has only played 5 games, that doesn't mean he is a core player, not yet until he shows he is able to do it consistently. The only core players we have and can rely on in this young team is Kessel, Phaneuf, Grabo and Lupul based on their performances alone. If you were to base it on potential then yes JVR, Kadri, Gardiner, Reimer and Rielly counts however that is not the case.
If Komi continues to play like he's done in first 3 games I think he can easily be dealt at the deadline. His cap hit isn't that bad for a team only needing him for a year or as insurance for a playoff run and his actual salary is much lower I believe.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote