View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 05:10 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
How so?

I don't know much about Sheahan, but I always here that Coyle's game is very "translatable" to the NHL, so maybe Sheahan's isn't?

Not sure, haven't seen too many Riley Sheahan games.
I dont know how translatable Sheahans game will be to the NHL offfensively, we'll se because as a pro hes doing a lot more offensively then he ever did in college. But his defensive game is a borderline elite level for a prospect (not that he'll be elite at it in the NHL, but for a prospect its really good). He was a finalist for CCHA defensive forward of the year which he lost to Luke Glendening. Glendening is on his team now and Sheahan is better defensively, he was also called the msot mature defensive forward in his draft by scouts.

His offensive output is extremely questionable I dont know what to expect but his defensive game makes him a safe bet to be a solid third line shut down type. Hes really good on faceoffs, very strong (finished high in the combine) and it shows in his board work. As a 17 year old true freshmen he was the shut down guy on a top team in the country

I hope he can add the offense but I have a bad feeling it will never come around like it should

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote