View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
In the last year I have gained more appreciation for Flacco than ever. For a long time I thought of him much of the way we all thought of Mark Sanchez. On a very good team, didn't matter how much they won because he wasn't often the reason for it. Things changed for me starting with the Ravens run in the playoffs last year. Flacco threw a perfect pass to Lee Evans in the AFC championship game. It was just whacked out of his hands a split second before it was too late. That throw puts the Ravens in the Super Bowl. Cundiff then misses what should have been a lock cinch of a field goal to at least tie the game and give the Ravens another chance.

You couldn't hang that loss on Flacco last year. And this year, with the Ravens defense hampered all year there was more pressure placed on Flacco to win the games. In the postseason comes through against Manning and then Brady. Now he's in the Super Bowl. From what I have seen with my own eyes I feel he is more a product of his own talent rather then a product of the Ravens than ever before. Maybe he'll bomb in the Super Bowl next week. Or maybe he's riding the float with Mickey Mouse at Disney World the day after. Who knows? Either way, you can't deny what he's done for the team over the past couple of seasons and it is getting harder and harder to say Flacco isn't a big part of it anymore. Maybe he's not a top 5 QB right now (Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan) but I don't think he's any worse than say Eli Manning at this moment (not career wise because of Eli's rings but at this very moment). That makes him no worse than a top 10. If he wins a Super Bowl, expect it to go higher. And yes, if the Ravens win he will be the MVP in my mind because unless you fell from an apple tree you've witnessed how important he's been on this run.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote