Thread: Speculation: 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
01-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Atlantic winners
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Impact young forwards on the team: Jonathan Huberdeau (19)
Impact young forwards in the system: Nick Bjugstad (20), Rocco Grimaldi (20), Kyle Rau (20), Quinton Howden (21), Drew Shore (22), Vincent Trocheck (19)

Impact young defensemen on the team: Dmitry Kulikov (22), Erik Gudbranson (21)
Impact young defensemen in the system: Mike Matheson (18), Alex Petrovic (20), Colby Robak (22)

Did I miss anybody? Why is the first set of lists considered a necessity while the second set is...not a necessity at all?
The caliber of forwards and caliber of defensemen in the system seem pretty even to me.
The problem is that most of our high caliber forwards are centers, we lack quality and depth at the wing.

And MacKinnon is to me a better player than Jones, and will be at the NHL level. We have no highlevel winger. Howden might be a future top6, but not top-line material. Huberdeau feeding Bjugstad and MacKinnon would be absolutely.

And another point, when was the last time a defensemen was taken first? Yes, Erik Johnson. And how did that turn out? Teams tend to prefer to pick forwards in the first round, and if there is a tie, most teams would take the forward over the defensemen. Unless they're in desperate need for a defenseman.

Take MacKinnon!!