Thread: Proposal: Mike Richards
View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 05:36 PM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
But I am not blind to the fact that he's putting up less points than he did with Carcillo and Nodl as his linemates.
His point production was 11 G and 20 points in 24 games last year, thru Nov 30. His regular season ended Dec 1 with a head injury. PERIOD. If you watched the Kings last year, you saw the noticable drop in his game after the injury, Sutter mentioned post Cup taht Richards didn't 'start' to recover from it until the end of March.

Quote:
As for my comment that you quoted above, I'm far from clueless about hockey. All I was saying is that DeeShamrock using Richards' 65 pts in 82 games stats wasnt very impressive by itself and certainly not indicative of a guy getting paid near max like Richards is. Anyone, even those who happen to be clueless about hockey can understand that.
I said 65 points in 82 playoff games and it is an impressive stat , esp when you figure he generally plays against the top lines, does PK time and is a physical force. Most knowlegable hockey analysts, Bob McKenzie and Pierre LeBrun two that talked of it, pointed it out last year. That MR is 'money' in the playoffs due to that production and everything else he brings.

And TSN noted that Richards is 3rd in playoff scoring in the NHL ove r the last 3 years.

But i guess winning the Stanley Cup isn't important to you. To most Kings fans, MR earned every cent in that Cup run.

Last edited by deeshamrock: 01-27-2013 at 05:44 PM.
deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote