View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 04:58 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
You have not gotten it right. I stated that if toronto's pick was top 3 than I would certainly do the hypothetical deal of subban for jvr plus a 1st that was proposed by another poster. I than stated that I would than be willing to part with jvr and plekanec if it meant getting another top pick. The 2 players I would have in mind would be mackinnon and drouin. Plekanec, (still a great player btw) would become an overpayed 3rd liner in the not too distant future if we had mackinnon and galchenyuk as our 1-2. and yes I did indeed state that our first pick could be used to acquire a top 3 pick, not necessarily meaning it would be jvr Plekanec and our first, but if you think about it, all together, if we could subbtract from our lineup right now: PK subban tomas plekanec and our 1st for Johnathan Drouin and Nathan Mackinnon...it would have to be considered, and I think I would be willing to do it.
I still wouldn't do it.
None of the top 3 guys set to go in this year's draft are guaranteed to become better than PK. I mean, PK was already used as a top 30Dman last year and did very well. That's only in his 2nd season. The guy is a sure bet. No prospect is ever a sure bet.
Just look at JVR, he was a #2 overall.

Here's the best idea: Keep PK Subban.