View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 05:01 PM
andersej

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklap3 View Post
^^ Of course it would be great to participate in the Olympics, even though we most like would/will be beaten severely. And yes, it would also raise the awareness of hockey (and lack of rinks) in Denmark - but stil, it's once every fourth year. I want to see our best guys play with and against the best in the world on a daily basis. That won't happen if they play in KHL or SEL.
Yeah, for you and me that would be more interesting than to find out if we get beat by 3 or 5 or 8 goals by the hockey powerhouses of this world. But it could be so huge for the future of the sport if it somehow took hold in the areas where it isn't even on the radar right now. In time, that could multiply the number of Danes in the NHL. And I agree with you that I want to see the best Danish players in the best league in the world, so that would be fantastic...

There's no guarantee that Olympic qualification will bring all of this, but it could happen and it's probably the only thing that could accomplish that kind of growth for hockey in Denmark.

andersej is offline   Reply With Quote