Old
01-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
why not?

I disagree, but I like Eller.

I went into detail on this on another board, but basically, we got as much for Halak as anybody ever gets for a goalie.

I look forward to drafting 31st overall.

That's the coach's fault. I'm not sure to what extent the GM can tell the Coach "play X to showcase him for a trade".
I think Emelin was coming no matter what.

Okay. I hope he likes the pressbox. Not all his fault but he wasn't exactly the best we could've done. You say we got the best we could? I'll disagree. I will give PG credit for at least going after a prospect though.

Are you looking forward to three more years of Bourque? And there's no way we couldn't have gotten a first for Cammy. The 31st might be great but we still won't have got what we could've.

Teams showcase players they're going to trade all the time. I don't know why we couldn't do this. And didn't PG start actually downplaying him in the press? I can't remember this clearly and I could be wrong but I seem to remember that.

Anyways, I've ripped PG many times in the past and I stand by what I've said. He was an absolutely terrible GM. Best thing he did for us was unintentionally lead us to last place so we got Galchenyuk. So basically, the best thing about him was his incompetence.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote