Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 06:25 PM
cslebn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I'd say his play style is Niedermayer-like ... current Jackets coach Craig Hartsburg was his coach in Everett before, and this is who he compared him to. While I don't know that he'll be that level of dominant, his skating is up around that level, and his vision is excellent. You're right, he's not a real physical guy, but he is solid at separating player from puck.

Hunter Shinkaruk and the Medicine Hat Tigers visit the Spokane Arena tonight. I don't dare visit that place on a Saturday night with my two little girls, but I will be keeping a close watch on the game from the comfort of my home. Shinkaruk is a guy we should be really watching also; if we don't land one of the big 4, he's a guy that's right on that next level. Coming into the season, I thought he would be a real contender for a top-3 pick, but with a slow start and some inconsistencies (not to mention being beaten out by Jonathan Drouin for a spot on Team Canada at the WJCs), he has fallen a bit. Still, he's a dynamic forward that has top line potential (if not size).
What would you say about a comparison to Chris Chelios as he matured?