View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
LeapOnOver
Lemieux who?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
In Garth Snow's seven years here the Islanders have shown hardly any signs of improvement. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here because all the fans that I talk to feel the same way and want Garth out and you people defend him like he's done a good job
That's because some of us are smart enough to realize that a business is run by an owner first and foremost. The GM makes decisions he is allowed to make. It's really quite simple. With as difficult as Wang is making it to put a winning team together Snow has found some major pieces to the puzzle that people like you just completely ignore.

In the end, if you look at what Snow HAS control of he has done well. All he has control of is: A. Drafting B. Hiring Staff C. Waiver Pick Ups D. Trades

Drafting has been an B+. Staff hiring a C. Waiver pick ups an A-. Trades a B-. Those are not bad grades in my book and certainly not failing.

The problem is free agents have always been an F but the ONLY thing Snow has a choice in that matter is to tell Wang which ones he thinks are good. Nobody gives credit to Snow for drafting Tavares, but would you give him credit for going to Wang and saying, "Hey, Parise would be a good guy to go after this season." Well, guess what, I GUARANTEE he told Wang that. Free agents many times are a no brainer for the big guys, but Wang has the 1st decision on that and the free agent has the final say. So both of those are out of his hands. It's as simple as that and I don't know any other way to make the obvious more evident to you.

LeapOnOver is offline   Reply With Quote