Old
12-14-2003, 09:46 PM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I think Fiddler is what he is. a 4th line center and he's doing a good job on the 4th line. most teams 4th lines don't see more then 6 or 7 minutes a game. with the exception of columbus, Pittsburgh, and Vancouver. I can't think of any more at the moment.
Just to add another team to the list, I noticed that no one on Florida’s team played less than 11 minutes or if they did it was just under.

But why don’t we play McKenzie more than 5 minutes a game? It hardly seems like enough time to even have an effect on the game. I know we have guys who can take care of themselves very well, but wouldn’t it seem that if other teams knew big Mac (haha, big mac) would be out there they would be even less likely to take runs or cheapshot us? We see what happens when Tootoo’s ice time goes up, he gets his big hits, guys are constantly looking over their shoulders for him, he’s creating chances. And then when his ice time goes down he isn’t able to do that. I think they should try for a few games giving McKenzie 10 mins or so a game, let him get out there and do his thing. It’s not like he’s a terrible player or anything. I just think he could be used more than 5-7 minutes a game.