View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Morgoth Bauglir
Master Of The Fates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
Fine. Let's imagine the following scenario. Coyotes move to Seattle. Two years later...

NHL decides to expand by two teams.

There are two markets who want and can get an NHL team : Quebec and Southern Ontario.

How do you explain the fact that the NHL would...

a) Expand by two in Canada
b) Expand only in Canada
c) Expand by two teams in EAST

If you are unable to justify any of the above 3...please see my knee-jerk emotional response a page and half behind this post.
And btw, I don't personally oppose expansion in Canada. I'm simply pointing out the business realities. I fully back a team in Quebec. I was appalled when the Nordiques left in the first place. Appalled yes, but I understood the reasons why it happened. Would I like to see a second team in Toronto (best bet in Hamilton)? Damn tootin' I would, if for no other reason than it would light a fire under the Leafs' azz and force them to get their act together. Do I think the Leafs would ever be willing to give up their monopoly over the GTA? Nope. In a perfect world they would but we don't live in a perfect world and I don't see it happening. Would I like to see a team in Saskatoon or Regina? Absolutely. But I also understand that both are too damn small right now and have some growing to do before it happens.