View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 07:28 PM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuGsY View Post
My biggest problem with this leaf team is our forward group. Too many 3rd liners, unproven prospects, and soft forwards that are atrocious on the forecheck/along the boards.

Guys like kulemin, and macarthur are not top 6 material, and I'd like to see kessel off this team all together. He isn't the guy who's gonna score the big goals against teams like boston/NY/philly, and those are the teams we will have to face once we get into the post season.
Burke banked his job on Kessel and Wilson, 2 are gone now. Only one left, for how long, who knows?

Kessel is a talented player and he is contributing when he is scoring, unlike true franchise players he offers little when he is not producing, he doesn't scream follow me, he doesn't have the leadership intangibles a player like Toews has.

When Burke made this deal, I was ok with it, but as we see Seguin and Hamilton contribute to the Bruins and wonder what if. For me it is better to deal him and forget this spectre looming over Leafs nation heads. Wrong player, at the wrong time for this franchise.

We have to max out his value in a trade and recoup our losses so we can rebuild properly. April trade deadline hopefully.

He will score soon, and I am sure some posters will say, yeah but we want to trade our best scorer. This would be shortsighted.

The Mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote