View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 07:28 PM
Jerkini

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy6 View Post
The problem with your post is that those players don't want to come to Toronto to play for this mess of an organization. You make it sound so simple like the Leafs could just go out and sign a superstar whenever they want. News flash: it's not that simple.

Leaf fans need to come to the realization that this team needs to go young, draft high, and when things slowly start to turn around then Toronto will be a more attractive place to play.

If you think that fans that want the Leafs to build through the draft are naive then maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself what your vision for this team makes you. This team has been trying to rebuild on the fly since the LAST lockout. It has been an utter and colossal failure. That is a fact, not my opinion. Well... both actually, but it's time to try a different strategy.

There is no quick fix folks. Time to finally figure that out.
Umm, this team is young and has been drafting high. Unfortunately for all of us, Boston reaped the benefits of it.

I'm not talking about a quick fix. I'm talking about spending BIG MONEY on the nhl's BEST PLAYERS, not the second rate scrubs we've been landing. We had the resources and loopholes to toss some Ilya Kovalchuk money around. That much money, man, it's hard to pass up.

Jerkini is online now   Reply With Quote