View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 08:29 PM
tazzy19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
He can thank half of his records to the fact that Mario played under 1000 games in his career.
Then how come Gretzky still beat him in PPG average DESPITE playing about 7 (post prime) seasons longer? I would bring up Gretzky's PPG average over his first 915 games, but I don't want to embarrass Mario to such an extent Besides, Mario doesn't even crack the top 7 assist seasons (all belong to Gretzky) -- Mario's best assist season is tied for Gretzky's 8th worst. Points? Mario doesn't even crack the top 4 points seasons (all 4 belong to Gretzky). In fact, Mario doesn't even have the 6th best or 7th best -- Gretzky owns those too! Ok, ok, what about goals? Surely Lemieux has him beat there? But wait! Mario doesn't even have the 2nd best or even 3rd best! Wayne has the top 2, and Brett Hull has the 3rd. In fact, in the top 10 goal seasons of all time, Wayne Gretzky's name appears 4 times. Mario Lemieux's name appears once (don't worry, you are reading correctly. This is indeed true). And is it also true that Gretzky got to 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 goals in less games than it took Mario as well?? My goodness, it is!

tazzy19 is offline   Reply With Quote