View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 08:04 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles need size, scoring and grit on the wing.

No interest in flipping Nino for Gagner. No interest in Gagner at center or wing. Like Snow, I want the isles youngsters making their way onto the roster and fighting for spots.
What about something based around Niederreiter and Nielsen for Torres and Yandle? I probably wouldn't do it because I see Yandle as team captain, PPQB, and 60pt D in a few years. That said, I'm interested in seeing Boedker with Nielsen in the NHL and we just learned we are losing Lombardi for half the year. Niederreiter is a great prospect and helps make up for the years lost in swapping Yandle for Nielsen. Plus, Klesla is due back, OEL is showing no signs of slowed progression, and both Morris and Schlemko picked back up right where they left off as highly effective NHL D. Not to mention Stone and Rundblad looking good and Michalek not having quite settled back in (but I'm sure he will). No idea, at all, if the Isles will go for it. If you want grit ok the wings NOW and help on the blueline NOW, I guess Yandle and Torres will help. Nelson doesn't really fill in for Nielsen right now, but he can at least contribute in some way, I'm sure. Maybe Strome? I don't know much about the Islanders. I only watched them twice last season. Once live and once on television. I think I was drunk both times. Haha.

Thoughts?