View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 08:14 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
+ Great game from Martin, Orpik and Engelland. Niskanen started out splendidly also before his injury.
+ Duper
+ Shoot out scoring. As solid as Anderson looked throughout the game, he got straight up abused by our Tripletta of Terrors.
+ Vitale, Adams, Tangradi and Glass played their roles well today.
+ Sid
= Malkin was by far our most dangerous offensive player, but he must be better than those mistakes. The awful one in OT annoyed me the most, but whereas I could kinda understand the giveaway pass being also due to the line change, he cannot just whiff at Spezza in the neutral zone.
=/+ Flower. Not a big fan of the rebound on the goal, but he more than made up for it with some good saves. Needed a big dose of luck on that bad angle shot though and almost gave up a game winner on another massive rebound off another collectable shot to his chest. Two goals against in the shoot out on top means I cannot really go with the plus as I initially wanted.

- Lovejoy was noticeably poor on most every shift. Please play Despres and Bortuzzo together on the third pairing during Niskanen's absence Dan. Please.
- Sutter. Really bad game. Was likely worse than Lovejoy. Rivalled by Kunitz who I've never seen play this terrible three games in a row.
- Letang was pretty poor 5 on 5 not least because of having a day where the puck seemed a ping pong ball on his stick, but he was obscenely bad on the PP as he botched almost everything the 1st unit did by his lonesome. The structure of the PP... to the extent that it exists... doesn't help though.

On that note....
- PP. Colossal minus One cannot even describe how pathetic our PP was today. Only SH goals against could have made it more putrid and that was close enough.

Bylsma related:
I still see us chipping it up the wall on the break out virtually every single time, but at least today for the majority there was support there and more coordination as far as coming up together as a group.
The PP is ultimately his responsibility and the first unit has been a major problems in all five games so far. PK looks pretty good though and did again today.
I greatly dislike the look our offense has. We had two or three good offensive shifts the entire match (not counting rushes off of turnovers such as the one that resulted in Malkin hitting iron) and the rest looks like hoping for a fortuitous break.

Thought the game itself was extremely sloppy, but I'll be happy with the two points at least
Great summary . . .

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote