View Single Post
01-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Flair Hay
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Jason Garrison isn't a good comparison to PK Subban. He got what he got cuz there was no free D avail this off-season, so you have to over-pay.

Subban was playing first pair D cuz habs don't have anyone better, and Markov was injured for 2 years. If your team doesn't have anyone better and you forced to play top-2 D it doesn't make you real top-2 D

Like I said he is a dirty player who can't fight, has ego issues, not really smart defensively, slow with low hockey sense. So he is pretty much mini Buff - hockey sense. Do you need this kind of guy locked for 6-7 years 5 mil contract? I'll pass

P.S The amount of sticks he breaks will effect ticket cost
He had 38 and 36 points his first two years in the league. Like you said, Markova was injured. Those numbers could have been even better WITH Markov. He was a +9 on the 3rd worst team in the league.

And he's going into his third year. Having too much coin tied up in D is a legit point. 30% or so of our cap in the top 4 is a lot. That said, Vancouver has about the same. The Rangers will too when McDonough is off his ELC. An average of $5M per for top four defenseman is probably 500k-1 mil above average, but not ridiculous for how effective they would be IMO.

Your really hating on the guy's attitude if you don't see him as a #1
defenseman in a year or two at the latest. Their isn't much to hate about his skill set unless you really hate how chippy he is. In that case you might not like Trouba either?...

I would also like to state that saying Subban has low hockey sense is a pretty wild claim...not sure how you came to that conclusion. And slow? WTF...

Last edited by Flair Hay: 01-27-2013 at 08:57 PM.