View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 08:55 PM
RomersWorld*

vCash: 500
Corey Crawford 5-0, .933 SV%, 1.80 GAA

Wow.

Crawford has been great, but what about the defense? This is the deepest defense we've seen in a long, long time. IMO, a Leddy-Roszival pairing would be a decent 2nd pairing and that is our bottom pair. Then you factor in Montador and Brookbank as 7th and 8th defensemen and wow. Montador is a top 4 dman on some crappy teams IMO when healthy and he is probably our 7th dman. As long as Oduya continues to play the way he has this season and Leddy continues to show his improvements defensively than I am really happy. So much to those who said he hasn't made any strides defensively and is a pylon. He is 21 years old for ****s sake, most defenseman are in college or the AHL at this point in their careers.

A big thing I think for Leddy is that he is no longer on the PK. That HAD to kill his confidence because he was so brutal and the fact that he was even in that position was embarrassing for coach Q. Especially considering that even when Montador was health, Q still had Leddy out there getting burned on the PK. He is small and not great defensively. His best assets are his skating and transition game and neither is a big factor on the PK. His biggest weaknesses are strength and defensive awareness which are two of the biggest needs to be a good PKer. It was completely baffling why coach Q continued to put a square peg in a round hole ALL FRICKEN SEASON. I saw from the first couple games that Leddy clearly wasn't good on the PK even though I love the kid's game. I can't expect a 20 year old offensive defenseman become a shutdown dman over the course of a season. I am glad Stan addressed the situation with signing Brookbank, Roszival and getting Oduya last year to force Q to get him off the PK.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote