View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD View Post
Ryan has had enough elite seasons? What is that criteria, one? Ryan has finished top-5 in any meaningful stat all of once in his career. Good (not great) regular seasons and sub-par post-seasons do not make a QB elite.

Big Ben and Eli are FAR better QBs. If we are passing on just sporadic regular season success, then Rivers, Stafford and Romo have all either had higher peaks or longer runs of success than Ryan.

Ryan has done nothing to show he is an elite QB.
I disagree on that one. He certainly is in the mix for the 5th spot. It isn't exactly cut and dry here. Maybe the reliability of Big Ben would put him #5. But Romo, Rivers and Eli all are among the most inconsistent currently and even in the past. Let's not get started on how Eli bungled up the Giants season this year. Romo? I wouldn't bet on him with YOUR money. Rivers is a cross between these two. Ryan is certainly not as erratic as these QBs. He at least always has regular season success. Ryan has gone to two Pro Bowls so I think he's had more than one elite season. If you are asking me right now, yes, I think he can be in the top 5. When Eli is good he is good, but when he is bad he is just awful. The Giants lost to Atlanta 34-0 this year in case anyone forgot.

Big Phil is online now   Reply With Quote