GAME 5 | Pens @ Sens Jan 27 5:00PM - FATTIES EDITION | NON MINIMALIST | HATERS BEWARE
View Single Post
01-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Ten thoughts on the game:
1. Anderson was fantastic. Makes such timely saves for the team and keeps their confidence high. Mistakes aren't costly when he's in nets and that really helps the team with their identity and style of play.
2. Condra is a supremely gifted player at finding open spaces. Unfortunately he has nearly no finish.
3. Silfverberg is clearly adjusting to the NHL game. I think you guys need to stop being so alarmist when it comes to his development. I think that thread comparing expectations of him to Kadri is absurd.
4. Karlsson looked way out of sorts tonight. But his skill level is so supreme to those around him that even at 60-75% he was one of the best players on the ice. His anticipation and ability to see the play develop consistently is probably second to none in the NHL.
5. Methot is a solid solid defenseman. I would say this trade is a 100% win for the Senators. We took an area of strength and used it to address an area of weakness.
6. This team clearly misses Cowen. He's a monster on the back end. He also gives legitimacy to the second pairing and would allow Phillips to play a tertiary role on the third pairing. Having him back healthy is instrumental to team success.
7. Turris has been superb so far this year. Extremely impressive. That trade looks more and more lopsided by the day. Big things are coming for this guy.
8. The team clearly missed Alfredsson. They needed someone during certain stretches of the game who knows how to slow down the play and create for people around him.
9. Spezza was fantastic today. He clearly took that playoff series to heart when he was outplayed by Crosby. He has really elevated since then when we play the Penguins and he looks more and more like the natural heir to the Senators captaincy.
10. Fatigue was clearly a factor. Players looked like they were skating in mud at certain points. Playing their third game in 4 nights at an awkward start time clearly caught up to them.
Hope people take some of this stuff in to account when assessing the team's performance today.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by BankStreetParade