View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 10:07 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I think so at this point because unlike Grigorenko he plays for a team that seems unstoppable but it seems he gets dissected more than anyone else, like people want him to fail. Of course a lot of you watch the Q regularly so I trust your judgment, the only person here who seems to have an agenda against him is Carey Price so much like Grigorenko a lot of the criticism is earned.

But the Grigorenko and Couturier comparisons come with just how much of a microscope he's under compared to other prospects, and I could see it hurting, especially with Drouin playing so well. I think it's foolish to consider either Drouin or Mackinnon a product of the other, but after the WJC I see a lot of unfair talk shifting that Mac is a product of Drouin (as opposed to the other way around, which was the mainstream rhetoric going into this season)
Tavares was getting the same treatment. So did Couturier. That's what happens with top dogs. It comes with the attention. Thing is Mack isn't slowing down compared to last year, by any means, and while he didn't dominate at the WJC, he didn't look out of place and deserved a spot, and arguably more ice time. Couturier looked lost in his WJC. Sean also didn't improve his offensive production from the previous year.

Sometimes I wonder for those type of guys if it's better to get an injury when their stock is at the highest, so their struggles don't make them go lower than they should.