View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 11:48 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
I'm usually pretty satisfied with WWE PPV's lately, but Royal Rumble was no good. Very unfortunate because the build up was great for the most part.

- Big Show vs ADR was okay, but they had such an incredible match on SD a few weeks ago and didn't come close to that level.
- Hell No vs Rhodes Scholars was no good. Am I the only one who remembers that this match has been built up for 4 months since that tag tournament began? Apparently they had to save time for an extra long RR promo (didn't we already order the PPV?) and the Rock channeling the Ultimate Warrior in a 9 minute pre-match promo.
- Royal Rumble was below average. The ending was very bad. Not even necessarily in term of Cena winning, but the final elimination was trash. The Ryback effect, I guess.
- CM Punk vs the Rock was actually a pretty good match. The first ending was good, but everything after that was an embarrassment. Even Jack Tunney wouldn't have stooped that low. As far as I'm concerned there is no proof that the Shield is involved and the Rocks title reign should not be recognized.
This had nothing to do with the tournament, that match happened a long time ago.

They've defended the titles against Rhodes Scholars several times now.