Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jason Arnott fails physical; Deal with NYR off
View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
It is entirely possible that his body is not capable of the kind of conditioning needed to make an NHL roster anymore. At some point, players bodies just break down. The shoulder and knee surgeries might have been the last straw for his. Not everything in the world is just a matter of willpower.

What we need more than Arnott is for Stepan and Callahan to start playing like the 2nd liners they actually are. That doesn't preclude the need for more puck skill in our bottom-6.
I agree--it's possible that Arnott simply couldn't get into decent shape because of age, etc. But, that doesn't suprise me, given the impression I had of him last season. I'm very relieved that he didn't pass the physical since I never thought he could be part of the solution. It scares me though, because it really seems like Sather is in panic mode. Plucking some never been, wanna be off the waiver wire or signing an ageing veteran (who couldn't find a job before the season started) isn't what this team needs.

I'm not worried about Callahan, but the fact that Stepan is starting so slowly after bombing in the playoffs worries me. Plus, it's pretty clear that the organization expected Hagelin to pick up where he left off after coming up and had very high expectations for Kreider--it's a big burden to place on such young players, especially in a 48 game sprint to the playoffs. In the end, salvation lies within. I just hope that all the pieces come together quickly--Sather has always wanted one last Cup before finally retiring and he's not getting younger.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote