Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewings View Post
2010/11
Giroux 76 points, 0.93 PPG
Spezza 57 points, 0.92 PPG

2011/12
Giroux 93 points, 1.12 PPG
Spezza 84 points, 1.05 PPG

Given that Giroux is younger, healthier, cheaper, more controllable, and in the last two years better than Spezza, I can't think of a single reason for taking Spezza over him. Literally, not one.
Quoting stats that are that close while ignoring systems, linemates, playstyles, and every other factor really doesn't mean anything to me. How much have you actually watched either of these two players?

I take Spezza because he makes every player around him better. He has top 5 vision and passing in the game. He's so underrated in his own zone they were actually pointing out how responsible he is defensively now on Sportsnet today and it shocked me. Faceoffs, etc.

Giroux brings all these things too, but he has done it with a better cast up until now and has yet to prove he has the staying power of Spezza. If Giroux can be the same guy he was last season consistently then yeah he's probably better than Spezza, but I take a fully healthy Spezza over most centres in the league.

Anyway, this isn't about Spezza, Giroux and Tavares though so I'll stop there. If my proposal (which had nothing to do with Spezza) is not a good one that's cool..was just checking.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote