View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 12:23 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
His point production was 11 G and 20 points in 24 games last year, thru Nov 30. His regular season ended Dec 1 with a head injury. PERIOD. If you watched the Kings last year, you saw the noticable drop in his game after the injury, Sutter mentioned post Cup taht Richards didn't 'start' to recover from it until the end of March.

I said 65 points in 82 playoff games and it is an impressive stat , esp when you figure he generally plays against the top lines, does PK time and is a physical force. Most knowlegable hockey analysts, Bob McKenzie and Pierre LeBrun two that talked of it, pointed it out last year. That MR is 'money' in the playoffs due to that production and everything else he brings.

And TSN noted that Richards is 3rd in playoff scoring in the NHL ove r the last 3 years.

But i guess winning the Stanley Cup isn't important to you. To most Kings fans, MR earned every cent in that Cup run.
You've said it multiple times now, but it's not true that MR's season ended Dec. 1. If you want to say that his injury made him less of a player, he also played injured on that line with Carcillo and Nodl.

The Kings won the Cup, not Richards alone. I'm amused by how you like to attribute it solely to Richards.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote