View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 11:48 PM
sbet1998

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
I'd start offering long term deals, but there are arguments for and against that. We are now in a cap system that is going to remain around $65m until the summer of 2016, unless something significant changes (team relocation). That probably favours offering bridge contracts to a certain degree.

Also, those guys aren't going to get $40m between them. There is 1 elite player there (Petro) who is worth $6m+, Tarasenko could easily be a second. The other are excellent players but aren't in that class.

The other factor is discounts the players take to stay with an organisation. St Louis is liked by a lot of players for a lot of reasons. Just look at Jackman taking just under $3.2m for 3 years, he might not be a fan favourite, but he could have got around $4m in FA IMO. Backes is signed for another few years, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him taking a discount to stay here when that deal is up.

Even with that, we are still going to keep a deep prospect pool in order to move proven players and bring in guys on ELC's. All about aset management.
I thought about the discounts and all the above, but still think they look like they will make around 40 MIL, maybe 30 on the low end in 3-5 years. One or two might regress, so there's that, but AP + VT will command 13-17 MIL on their own if they continue to play as well as they have.

If DET offer sheets Peitrangelo... Im going to visit them. HAHA