View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 12:05 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Sheahan struggled offensively at Notre Dame, that really is the big difference in their value when we are being honest. That and Coyle had the chance to represent his country in the World Junior and help build his name there. I am pretty high on both guys.

Since arriving in the AHL, Sheahan plays a more vital role as a center. He is defensively about as elite as it gets for prospects. Chances are if Canada brings him to Buffalo for the WJC instead of making him the last cut, they have a gold medal that year and his value is much larger.

He doesn't play the body as often as Coyle, but he is a boarderline elite skater for his size and uses that to stay in position. Sheahan has a heavy shot and fairly quick release. Coyle has a much more lethal shot especially in terms of accuarcy, but doesn't hide it as well something that will be interesting when he gets up another level where that split second release is that much more important.

Coyle is good defensively, but he isn't asked to play the high man role a whole lot although Houston plays a defense first philosophy which might impact his numbers also.

I don't think there is a huge difference, they will likely be asked to play different roles though. They are second third line tweeners, with a lot of size and good skating.

The other interesting thing with Sheahan is that this is going on about two months now. With different linemates and not just Nyquist and Tatar. He looks to be a very good special teams guy. Reminds me of Jarret Stoll.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote