View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Habs Junkie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Im still waiting to see Desharnais's underrated shot..

Very small, average speed, weak shot.. Last year DD had time to make his plays cause he was playing with 2 fast power fowards at the top of their game creating ton of space everywhere on the ice.. This year, his weakness are more apparent cause Cole is cold, has a slow start (what was to be expected) and Max is now injured.. Hopefully Eller can jump in and have an impact on this line cause if not, we are in trouble.. I love Desharnais' determination but lets be honest, he is a decent filler at best, marginal NHLer.. There is no way I see him on the wings, would get killed along the boards, the kid is a natural center, I dont see a different way to use him, just keep giving him 2 big talended wingers that skate well and can create room on the ice so he can have time to setup them.. Then you reevaluate the center position this summer, you let him walk or sign him cheap for 1 more year.. there is no way we overpay for a marginal NHLer.. no way..
Bang on with everything you said! People were saying before season started "give him 4-5 millions dollars long term". Crazy talk!