View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 12:41 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
I feel like some of you are arguing with a straw man. Colt put a lot of effort into delineating precisely what he was saying and what he wasn't saying. He took pains to distinguish size from toughness. He wrote in his OP that he wasn't 100% sure that we even need more "badness". He's not saying the B's are outright soft. His chief concern IMO is that we could use more size in a few key spots (e.g, 3rd line left wing), and that the "Big, Bad Bruins Myth", facilitated by 2011 playoff matchups, has blinded us somewhat to that need.
It's not a straw man if the title of the thread is "The Misguided Myth of the Modern Big Bad Bruins"... If Colt didn't want to be challenged, he could have changed his wording to "The Bruins Could Use More Size on the Wing".

As it stands, I'm not too worried about our forechecking prowess. This team isn't too-too different from the team that won the Cup with the most effective physical play in the league. We're down a Recchi and a Ryder and COULD definitely use something to replace their strength... But it's hardly something I would consider a large concern. Not yet, anyway.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote