View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 12:47 AM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'm not saying it's a steal. I'm saying it probably would be a steal down the road. Even if he stays the same though, 5 mil is fair.

Kris Letang is a steal.
And do you think half thoses player are\will be steals ? Because they all have comparable contracts and are comparables players.

I think maybe you're idea of the market for a young rfa top 3 (and possible #1)defenseman is a 500 000-1 000 000 higher than mine, but down the road we both agree that 5 millions is fair, especially looking at the list. What I'm saying it's that it's still logical for Bergevin to want a short term deal, because IMO it doesn't affect his trade value while being more safe, because of all the ''rumors''. ALso, I wanted to make a strong argument against the peoples saying that the 2,5 millions for 2 years was insulting, especially since Kulikov, Del Zotto and Bogosian sign one, while I leave the possibility that thoses numbers are BS from the media\or is just the start from which Bergevin has done in negotiation to get to a 3,25 to 3,75 deal for two years.

I personaly believe thoses rumors to be BS (but I understand that in Bergevin case you have to be careful and see by yourself) and I hope Subban become the complete stud I think he will be while playing with us for is entire career. Then again I could be happy with a Erik Johnson type of trade !

I'm just trying to look at the entire picture while being reasonable and logical and trying to resolve Bergevin position without saying having as a solution that he's just a fool.

Last edited by Forsead: 01-28-2013 at 12:53 AM.