View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 01:35 AM
JetsFan815

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntkid View Post
The Jets have invested a lot of time in the development of Scheifele & he just can't seem to transition to the NHL game.

I am not sure if he ever will & if he could be moved to acquire a player that is a good fit for this team right now I think that it is a good idea.
So based on 3 games you have declared him incapable of playing at the NHL level? . The guy is only 19. Getting into the NHL is not some kind of race. Giroux spent half a season in the AHL before joining the Flyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
If we could re do the 2011 Draft again do you guys think we should of taken Dougie Hamilton ?
I think Schieflie was a fine choice. His closest comparable Ryan Strome, a center drafted one position ahead of him has similar point production as him and is also being sent back. I'm not too worried about Schieflie. However I still maintain that we should have drafted Forsberg in the 2012 draft. Trouba looks like a great pick now but it would have been wonderful to have Forsberg in the system and have two talented centers coming up to the big club in a few years. By all indications Forsberg is going to be an absolute stud when he comes to the NHL. Besides why would you not want someone with the last name 'Forsberg' on your team?

I'm not a fan of drafting defensmen in the first round. Based on anecdotal evidence it seems that you can find great D-men in the later rounds whereas it is hard to find an offensive star like Forsberg in the later rounds.

JetsFan815 is offline   Reply With Quote